We’re still open for business, with adjustments to protect us all during the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Read on to learn the steps we are taking to ensure your safety, and ours.
The coronavirus pandemic is certainly upending our way of life. That includes our beloved weekends. Fortunately, kayaking is a low-virus-risk activity! So, get outside, breathe fresh air, notice things about the world around you that you didn’t see before, and feel the stress slip away!
We have reviewed our risk analyses in light of the Australian government guidelines, and make the following commitments to you.
· If we are unwell we will cancel your booking, giving you as much advance notice as possible, and as always – if we need to cancel for any reason, and you have paid in advance you will receive a full refund (minus the booking fee, if your booking was made online)
· Where previously we would have offered to drive you to the start of the trail, now, we will direct you to the start of the trail and meet you there, supplying instructions and maps for a round-trip, to ONE PERSON from your family group. The rest of your group needs to remain in your car until Kym has left. The whole safety briefing/launching process will be done maintaining a 1.5m distance, with the one person, and via phone to the rest of the group in the car.· .
Guided Tours are no longer available.·
· Kayaks are always washed after each use. During the pandemic, paddle handles, footrest handles and the rim of the kayaks will also receive special treatment with hot soapy water and/or bleach.
· As a small business, already hurt by the cancelling of all school excursions and most other bookings, we cannot afford to be sick ourselves – if you are unwell, please contact us to reschedule your booking.
· Just a reminder to keep yourself protected from mosquito borne disease, wearing long sleeves and light co lours – repellent is supplied on all guided tours – please bring your own for all hires)